Thursday, June 2, 2011

Three.

My sweets, I have been M.I.A. as of late and for that, I sincerely apologize.  I've been searching high & low for inspiration but alas, it is nowhere to be found.  It feels as though I've been non-stop working, or staying busy with this, that & the other thing. *le sigh*  

Anywho, I wanted to share three lovely things that have captured what little is left of my attention recently.  

1. My mama pie gifted me with this book for my birthday, and it's absolutely wonderful!  As a fashion junkie, I've read countless styling books and wannabe how-to's of the wardrobe world, but every other book seems to fall short.  This book, (written by the lovely creators of Who What Wear,) features gorgeously current yet essential pieces and styling advice that would make The Olsen twinsies blush...or at least think twice about their hobo/boho hot-ass-mess-ness.

2. GAGA.  Need I say more?  Wow, guys...I am so beyond impressed with our Lady's third album.  At first, I was honestly turned off by the all too familiar club pump beats, but after a few playbacks I realized that this was no ordinary record.  Every song has its own unique personality and stands out among the rest.  One might assume Gagaloo has chosen quantity over quality with Born This Way, since there are 17 tracks.  But I genuinely love every song; no favorites.  Errr.... Bloody Mary, Government Hooker, Fashion of His Love.  Whaaa? It's amazeballs, truly.

3. Indie actress and folk songstress extraordinaire Zooey Deschanel has created another soon-to-be cult phenomenon, Hello Giggles. It is "the ultimate entertainment destination for smart, independent and creative females."  Translation: my holy place. Head on over for your daily dose of inspiration, cuteness, and duh...giggles.

Needless to say, I haven't had much time to utilize my mad photography skillz, but I swear I'm on that task like white on rice.  Patience is a virtue, little love bugs.  Cross my heart, I foresee many goodies in the near future.  Stay tuned.


Xo
D

No comments:

Post a Comment