Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Book Club.


Time to spill a little bit about my secret inner self.  I am fascinated by modern art, photography, fashion, history, and good food.  While these fields are much too broad to entertain the thought of every single day, it comforts me to hone in on much more specific topics that encompass several of my passions simultaneously.  The first of these obsessions is collecting matchbooks, (art, history, food/restaurants, all wrapped into one.)  The second of these quirks is collecting coffee table books (which cover every one of the topics I treasure dearly...they can be about anything!)  

Most of these books I own cover topics of modern fashion, but I've picked up a few lately that I just haven't been able to put down.  Let me explain...


As an avid vintage treasure hunter, I need to be on my A-game when it comes to searching for new (yet old) goodies.  This book is incredibly informative.  Who knew that clothing tags without fiber percentages dated prior to 1960?  I now have a renewed sense of confidence in my vintage shopping skills, which should come in perfectly handy during my upcoming trip to LA.

Call me crazy, but this book nearly had me in tears every other page.  There were dozens of pictures of beautiful mothers during their prime.  They prove that our moms had such truly amazing lives before us, and that a picture really is worth a thousand words.  I kept reminiscing about the gorgeous photos of my mom from when she lived in the Philippines. And I hope one day my daughter will see pictures of me, and feel the same sense of overwhelming pride.  Can you say, perfect Mother's Day gift?!


This heavy hitter is next on my to-read list.  (But really...it literally weighs 10 pounds!)  What books can't you live without?  Are there any that you would personally recommend?  I'd love to hear. :)

xo
D

No comments:

Post a Comment