Monday, March 7, 2011

NOLA on my mind.

Now, friends...I open up my heart to you on a place very near and dear to my heart.  New Orleans changed my life last year with its vibrant soul; a perfect combination of lively music, sultry steaminess, tantalizing food, and unforgettable people.  I always tell those whom I come across that New Orleans is like a guy I'm in love with who won't call me back.  It was beautiful while it lasted, but it's just not going to happen.  I will always reserve a space in my heart for this remarkable city, captured below in personal photos.


So in honor of my second favorite holiday taking place tomorrow, instead of making a random collage of plastic beads and shimmery masks, I decided to capture the essence of my favorite city in pieces inspired by the official Mardi Gras colors: gold, green, & purple.  Behold:


1. Nasty Gal Jade corset dress
2. The Chosen Fuchsia heel via ModCloth
3. Forever 21 sweater & shorts
6. Professional Muse camera from ModCloth

HAPPY MARDI GRAS, Y'ALL!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to New Orleans for the first time in May. I hear nothing but great things about it. Super pumped. And can't wait to gorge myself in beignets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will have a blast!! there are so many amazing places there for food/drinks/fun.

    ReplyDelete