Monday, August 22, 2011

Summer Reading List

I sincerely apologize for the lengthy absence...sometimes my brain requires a little vacation, if you will. I return with vigor, and a great deal of excitement/inspiration for upcoming posts! I am currently inspired by some recent thrifty finds at my local book store. You all know my affection for coffee table books, and these lovelies, (in the bargain bin, at that!) could not be ignored.

Detailing the extensive career of one of America's most noted mid-century artists, this book about Alberto Vargas showcases some of his most famous works of art. Breathtaking in every realistic detail, every drawing has a life of its own. 


 My absolute favorite period of modern art is illustrated in every striking page of this book.   Stunning, to say the least.

 Ummm....and did I mention? The Bible has arrived in the form of Vogue's September issue, & I can't wait to leaf through all 758 pages!

What have you been reading lately? I hope it's something that stirs your soul; that you can't take your hands off of!

No comments:

Post a Comment